The SIS Kassel Primary School with Reception Programme is a state-recognised private school. It is equal to a state school in all aspects. The secondary school of SIS Kassel is currently a state-approved Ersatzschule (an Ersatzschule provides courses and qualifications comparable with those offered at German state schools). SIS Kassel is also striving for full state recognition for the secondary school, which can only be awarded to a private school after several successful years of operation. Students attending the SIS primary and secondary schools automatically meet the German requirements for compulsory school attendance.
- At SIS Kassel, curricula, grading systems, promotion regulations, etc. comply with the requirements for Hessian state schools.
- For admission to SIS Kassel the student must fulfil German public school admission requirements for the corresponding school level. For admission to SIS Kassel secondary school, the student must submit a transfer certificate (Übertrittszeugnis) from their German primary school . If the secondary school has the status of a state approved Ersatzschule, SIS primary school students require an internal recommendation from their primary teachers for admission to SIS secondary school, based on the corresponding public school transfer criteria.
- Until SIS Kassel secondary school has been granted full state recognition, the school cannot issue official progress reports. Progress reports issued by SIS Kassel secondary school during this period provide general guidance only. Primary school recommendations for the secondary school are issued by SIS Kassel.
- If a student of SIS Kassel secondary school wishes to transfer to a public school or a fully state recognised private secondary school (Gymnasium or Realschule), an entrance examination is usually not required.
- Until SIS Kassel secondary school has been granted full state recognition, the school cannot hold in-house examinations leading to the recognised German educational attainment qualifications. This means that at least the two initial final year groups must write external (Abitur) examinations under special conditions (Externenprüfung).
- Progress reports issued at the end of Year 9 and 10 will not automatically be equivalent to the corresponding school leaving examinations (Mittelschulabschluss and Mittlere Reife respectively). Those exams would have to be taken externally, unless the school has already received full state recognition.
Für nähere Informationen zum Status der Schule sowie den Aufnahmeregelungen wenden Sie sich bitte an die Schulleitung.