Please note the following important information:
- At SIS Friedrichshafen, curricula, syllabi, grading systems, promotion regulations, etc. comply with the requirements for Baden-Württemberg state schools.
- For admission to SIS Friedrichshafen, the student must fulfil public school admission requirements relating to the corresponding type of school. When applying for admission to SIS Secondary School (Gymnasium), students must normally submit a corresponding recommendation from their primary school (Grundschulempfehlung or Gemeinsame Bildungsempfehlung). An admission examination may be required if your child wishes to transfer from another private school which does not have the full state recognition or from a different type of school (secondary school not leading to university entrance qualification, e.g. Realschule, Hauptschule/Werkrealschule) to SIS Secondary School. Please discuss your child’s individual situation with the principal prior to possible enrolment.
- In cases where a student of SIS Friedrichshafen has successfully finished a grade level at SIS and if he/she meets the academic requirements for the corresponding type of school, there is usually no admission examination required if he/she wishes to transfer to a state school or a fully recognised private school at the secondary level (Gymnasium or Realschule).
- As an officially recognised Ersatzschule, SIS Friedrichshafen is entitled to hold in-house examinations leading to the recognised German educational attainment qualifications, e. g. the German Abitur.
- Progress reports allowing promotion issued at the end of grade 9 and 10 are equivalent to the corresponding school leaving examinations (Hauptschulabschluss and Mittlere Reife respectively).
For further information regarding the status of the school and on regulations for admission and transfer to and from other schools please contact the principal.
International families who are not familiar with the German school system are strongly encouraged to contact the principal for further advice before they enrol their children.